Friday, October 14, 2011

Janet Jackson ‘Up Close and Personal’ Tour Opens with Performances of Number Ones

She cannot be outdone. There is no comparison. This legendary singer is happy to go back on tour.

Kicking off her world tour this week, Janet Jackson promises no two shows in her concert will be the same.

Singing the number ones of her chart topping career, the pop sensation is dedicating one song to every landmark she’ll visit.

The Up Close and Personal World Tour promises to deliver Janet’s best of her 35 No 1 hits.

In a press release Janet dedicated her award winning, “That’s The Way Love Goes” to the people and fans of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE.

She said, “Hey Abu Dhabi, I’m gonna take you places you’ve never been before. That’s why I’m dedicating “That’s The Way Love Goes” to all my fans in your beautiful city.”

It’s an intimate look, promising to deliver a personal touch. Janet Jackson's concert comes out after of time of great mourning and loss. The sudden death of her brother Michael in 2009 sent the singer and her family into a whirlwind spin of grief.

As the trial continues in the case against Dr. Conrad Murray for the death of Michael Jackson, family members sit in the court listening to testimonies. It’s brutal and heart wrenching, yet the Jacksons’ have continued to support one another during this time. Janet joined her brothers, sisters and parents during the opening statements of the case.

Janet Jackson will take the stage at Yas Arena, Abu Dhabi, on Thursday.  During a recent interview she talked about her inspirations. “There are artists, true performers that have come before me who have been a big inspiration to me. I hope I do the same for others.”

“I just want my music and my dance to catch the audience’s attention, and to hold it long enough for them to listen to the lyrics and what we’re saying.”

“I’m proud to have stayed in the game and survived. And I’m proud that I’ve remained true to myself. But if you go back and listen to the music, you’ll hear how that self is always changing.” – Janet Jackson Biography

No comments:

Post a Comment