Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hillary Clinton's Mother Dorothy Rodham Died

Dorothy Rodham was born in Chicago and raised her family in Park Ridge, IL. The mother of Hillary Rodham Clinton died on Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2011.  She was 92.
Secy of State Hillary Clinton Swearing-in
 with mom, Dorothy Rodham present in 2009

One of the most famous woman today, Secretary of the State Hillary Clinton had this to say about her mother. "My mother was basically abandoned as a young girl and by the age of 13, she was on her own."

In Clinton's memoir, Living History, she said, "I'm still amazed at how my mother emerged from her lonely early life as such as affectionate and levelheaded woman."

An amazing woman who taught what it means to be an phenomenal woman. Rodham gave an incredible legacy to her family.

"I owe it to my mother, who never got a chance to go to college, who had a very difficult childhood, but who gave me a belief that I could do whatever I set my mind," Clinton said.

This is a mother to be admired. Hillary Clinton cancelled her trip to London to be at her side.

The family plans to hold a private memorial service.

No comments:

Post a Comment